Thursday, June 14, 2007

Swimming in Hot Weather

Grace had VBS today and I had to wake her up at 8:45 to get her to church at 9:00am. After I dropped her off I came home so I could get the driveway seal coated. Today was the right day and they were here to do it. I'm so glad I had this company (Adolfo's Sealcoating - Waukegan - 847-782-0758) do it because they did a really nice job; much nicer than the previous company we had. They didn't get any of the sealer on the brickwork that butts directly against the blacktop and there isn't any on the sidewalk either. It was worth every penny!

After that I worked on the DVD recorder and transferring video. I got one show transferred to DVD using the regular video output from my camcorder. So now I can just transfer it this way. It's not how the recorder is supposed to work, but it is working. After this "A" and I went to pick up Grace from VBS. We got there a couple minutes early and were able to hear them all practicing their songs they are going to sing tonight for their mini-concert. It was really cool and actually a little moving. It's pretty cool to listen to 500 kids sing the same song and sing it so well!

After that we were headed to her friend from dance class's house for a swim party. We stopped at Culvers for lunch first and then headed over there. We stayed there until 3:30 because it's impossible to get her to leave any place, let alone when she's having fun swimming. And she did have a good time and so did "A" I think. It was really refreshing to get in a nice cool pool when it's so warm out. The official high today was 87° with 73% humidity here in Grayslake, but my car said it was 90°; although that's only 3 degrees difference. Then we had to stop at the local paint store and return some wallpaper and fabric samples. We're trying to create and finalize our decorating plan for our family room downstairs here. The overall theme is Academy Awards/Kodak Theater. We know we want red velvet drapes that imitate a movie theater, and that old tyme look of the old movie theaters. So I showed her the patterns Julie and I liked and she picked from those the ones she thought the most in line with what we're looking to do. For those she ordered some samples for us to use in determining which one we really want and what color to paint the room in. She suggested we start by deciding what to do with the ceiling both with wallpaper and color and what furniture we want to put in the room as well. After that we can finalize any plans for the walls, etc.

After that we finally came back home. Grace and "A" only had about 30 minutes to play before "A" had to go home. Then Grace went to play at her friends house across the street. I went with to make sure it was alright that she go over there and then I ended up staying and talking to her friends dad. It's nice to have adult conversations. He asked me to fax something for him so I came back home to do that and Julie was already home (oops!) and she was wondering where I had been. We didn't have much time because we needed to get back to church so Grace could do her mini-concert/ice cream social. So I sent the fax and then we were getting ready to go when I realized (pit in bottom of stomach) that I had washed the shirt she was supposed to wear again tonight and forgot to put it in the dryer. So it was soaking wet and I put it in the dryer because we did have a "few" minutes before we had to leave. While it was in the dryer I went to retrieve Grace from across the street. She didn't go too willingly, but it didn't take too long. When I got back Julie had already taken the shirt out of the dryer and it wasn't really dry yet, but it wasn't too bad. She held it in front of the A/C outlets in the car and that helped it dry some more.

Once we were in the gymnasium, it was warm enough to dry anything, so her shirt was dry when we were done. But anyway the concert was really cute and Grace did a great job. I shot video of it and will put that up on her website soon. Then since Julie and I hadn't had dinner we left without the ice cream. We wanted to go somewhere that we could have both and we headed over to DQ in Round Lake. We waited in line and come to find out they don't serve food after 8pm. So we didn't get dinner tonight, just dessert. Guess we should have just stayed and had free ice cream at the church. Hindsight is still 20/20.

Then we came home and I had to call the police since we can't park in the driveway. We can't park in the street without permits unless we call and tell them we're parking there. And since my little "run-in" with the local police recently we don't want to take any chances. By the way, still no updates/no word on our new car; and no update on the rebuttal I sent to Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan about our issue with

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I don't think I have Grace's website. Aunty Luvy