Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Preliminary Painting

Grace slept in again today. I wanted to run and get the birthday present for the party tonight after we ate breakfast but the only thing on her mind this morning was "A" and we had to wait for her to get here before we could do anything else. Her friend from down the street called and asked if Grace wanted to go to the park and I mentioned "A" and so she said she'd call after I knew if "A" would want to do that or not.

So "A" comes over and we all went to McDonalds for lunch and then they went to Grace's friends house as she was taking them to the park. So I had a little time to get a few things done before picking them back up. I ran to Wal-Mart and got the gift we needed for party later and a few other things for Grace. Then came home and started painting the wallpaper samples we're going to use on the ceiling in the family room. They look pretty cool. After Grace was in bed I stuck one of the samples to the ceiling and we both like it. I think it'll be a focal point and really cool. I just hope it's easier to paint than it was with the little sample bottles of paint that Benjamin Moore sells. But considering that it's a ceiling, I don't think easy will describe anything to do with it's installation or painting.

So then it was time to go and pick up Grace and "A" so we could make it to the party on time. Her friend from down the street wasn't so happy that she was leaving; She wanted to play longer. So Grace and "A" came back here and "A" helped Grace get ready for the party. Then I had her sign the card and we were actually ready to go 10 minutes early! WOW! So Grace and "A" played a quick game of checkers and then Grace and I left to go to the birthday party.

Grace had a wonderful time; a lot of her friends were there and they got to play for at least 2 of the 2 1/2 hours we were there. Julie showed up too; I wasn't sure she was coming because she had called earlier in the day and said she wasn't feeling well and that she would probably just go home. But she stopped and got to spend time with everyone; that was a nice surprise. On the way home we passed this house where all these people were outside holding signs that said "Round Lake Police broke into my house and killed my dog." I'm thinking, Wow that's crazy, how could that happen. So when I got home I asked my neighbor if he knew anything about it. He did - apparently it was a drug bust and when they broke in to arrest everyone their dog started attacking the police so they shot the dog. There's always more to the story isn't there...

It's still warm and very humid. The cool front that came through this afternoon and dropped .27 in. of rain in about 15 minutes including a little hail. But it didn't cool it off too much, plus the humidity didn't go away at all. The weather man says tomorrow will be much better. I sure hope so as it feels like an oven outside with the humidity.

The new gas station just a few blocks from our house opened on schedule today. It'll be nice to have a gas station that close. It's even closer than the Walgreens; that should tell you something seeing as how there are Walgreens on most every corner. The only bad thing is that it's location probably makes it be in Round Lake Park and not Hainesville so the tax revenue won't benefit our town I don't think.

I forgot to mention that I talked to DirecTV yesterday about the issue with the remote control where it's controlling both the High Definition tuner and the new DVR tuner. Yea, that's what its supposed to do and there isn't anything I can do. The two boxes weren't meant to be used right next to each other and that's just how it is. Nice. Then we get a "courtesy" call from them today asking if we're happy with our installation. Yea - couldn't be better.

No comments: