Monday, June 4, 2007

Crazy and Rainy Day

Today was Monday and after a long weekend, both Grace and I just kind of hung out this morning. It was raining off and on all day long so going outside wasn't an option and Grace didn't even ask. We finally had breakfast around 10:00 or so and I made a menu and grocery list for the week. So we finally got out of the house and on our way to the store. We headed out to McHenry towards the Meijer, but stopped at the Best Buy first and I'm sure you can guess why.......to get a cable for my Ipod. They did have one and it was reasonably priced as well. I also got a cover to put over it so I don't scratch it or damage it in some way. So now I'm all set for the Ipod except I think I'd like a case to put everything in like I had gotten for Julie when she got her mp3 player. She has the Creative Zen Micro and in the case she puts the charger and her earbuds and the mp3 player and some other stuff too. I'd like one too, but not as big as hers; especially since the Nano is smaller than the Zen Micro (you wouldn't know it by the name.) I would only need a case big enough for the Nano, some earbuds, the charging cable and the armband. Of course I couldn't find that at Best Buy, but it's not urgent, so I'll keep looking for that.

After that we ran over to the Meijer for some grocery shopping. Man I love that store; they have so much stuff and you really do save money. For all the stuff we got which included buying Grace the DVD "High School Musical," we would have easily spent over $100 at Jewel/Osco. But it was just over $70 so I feel we saved a lot! We saw our old next door neighbors while we were shopping and either they didn't recognize me or didn't care to talk to me. I didn't really care to talk to them either, so no words were exchanged. Grace wasn't alive yet so she didn't know them at all. Their son is the reason our dog Rosco is deathly afraid of firecrackers now. The time around the 4th of July is just horrible for him. Funny thing is though we just kept running into each other. Maybe God was telling me to talk to them, but I just kept walking.

So we came home and I made lunch for us and we just hung out again. We were both tired. I think tomorrow will be better as I think we're both still recovering from the weekend and all the activities (read Cubs game.) So then I made dinner; haven't done that in over a week since we didn't go to the grocery store last week. Right after we finished dinner, I ran over to my Dad's house for bible study. My Dad is attending seminary at Trinity Divinity School in Deerfield and has a bible study at his house (generally) every Monday night. He's been trying to get me to come for some time, but Mondays are really hard. Grace has a hard time readjusting to the normal routine after the weekend since they are so free-form compared to weekdays. And its just Monday, I don't like to do anything extra. But he lured me in since one of the regular attendees is moving very soon to Missouri and hasn't seen me in years (and likewise obviously.) So I went to see this person and stayed for the bible study. It was actually very interesting and I did enjoy it, but like I said it's on Monday night so we'll see if I continue to go or not.

Oh and I forgot to mention that I might get to go to the Cubs game next Tuesday night with my BIL. He called last night and said he got 4 tickets and a parking pass (WOW) so I obviously said I'd go. So as long as he can actually get the tickets, I'll be at Wrigley again! Woohoo!

No comments: