Wednesday, June 20, 2007

sickness

Julie stayed home sick today, but really all three of us were sick. I went to the doctor because apparently I have a canker sore on my tongue. It was so big and it hurt so much I didn't know what it was. The doctor told me to get more sleep. Should have seen that coming.

Today was Grace's first day of her new gymnastics class. Wow are these kids advanced! Grace did really well though and she even made it through the whole two hours with no problem. Julie ended up coming for a little while just to watch because she really never gets to see her do any of this stuff. So she drug herself out of bed and drove on up to Antioch. And then she went right back home and back to bed I think. Grace and I went to get gas up in Wisconsin; her gymnastics place is only 1.2 miles from the state line and over the line it's only $2.99. So that's a no brainer! Then we went to get her some flip-flops or crocs; it was up to her. And all she's been talking about is flip-flops, but the only flip-flops they had at the place we went was croc flip-flops, and she didn't like them so she ended up with crocs which is what I would have rather she bought anyway.

Then we came home too and we all had lunch and soon after that is when I went to the doctor. Then after dinner a financial adviser came over to go over our current investment portfolio and he told us that basically we are on track to retire a little early and he says we should be able to buy a vacation/second/retirement home in about 10 years. We'll see! It sounds a little scary to us!

Then since we were all tired and sickly we were all getting ready for bed. But Grace had gone to play at "A"'s house so Julie went to go get her, but then I came out too and was talking to her dad. He was telling us about an accident he had at work. He basically got electrocuted, but it wasn't your standard 110 or even 220, it was more than that. He's alright, but apparently he's going to take a few days off as his work wants him too I think. So we will get some much needed rest tonight and hopefully be better tomorrow.

No comments: