Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Post Cubs Game Tiredness

So I got home late last night from the Cubs game and still had to get up to take Grace to VBS. I'm really dragging today - I have to get more sleep. Grandma (Julie's Mom) came with her today because it was bring a relative/senior day so she got to spend the whole time with Grace. But that time was shortened because we were really late getting there. There was a fatal accident this morning in Grayslake just a few blocks east of the church. So Rte.'s 120 and 83 were closed for three and a half hours this morning. It took us 20 minutes to drive the 2 miles or so to church. Here is the article from the Chicago Tribune. While Grace was in VBS I came back home because I thought my neighbor was having his driveway sealed and I wanted to get mine done too. Apparently I got mixed up because it's actually tomorrow.

So I went to pick Grace up and both her and Grandma had a wonderful time. Grandma was going to Libertyville to buy something afterwards, and Grace and I went to Best Buy and got a cable I needed to transfer video from my camcorder to my DVD recorder. Then we grabbed some lunch and came home because the neighbor that's helping out with Grace this summer (I'll call her "A" from now on) was going to be at our house at 1pm and we were a few minutes late. So then Grace's friend that she always plays with on Wednesdays came over and her friend from across the street. "A" had a really good time with them and had them busy doing all sorts of role playing and other fun stuff. So then I started dinner and "A" went home around 5pm and then Julie came home and we all had taco's. It's so funny that Grace loves tacos. I mean she really gets excited about them. She only puts sour cream and shredded cheese on them, but she usually has two. It's pretty much the only food she gets excited about.

Then Julie was getting ready for her monthly Stampin' Up meeting which she was hosting this month. Right after her friends got here, Grace was saying that the friend from across the street wondered if she could go to the park with her. I was confused because it was 7:30 and they usually get ready for bed then, but she wasn't kidding, they were going. So we all went down on our bikes to the park for a few minutes. I was pulling Grace and her friend from across the street in the trailer on my bike. And her Dad was pulling her sister in another trailer. And then "A" and her brother came with too. So when we got home Julie's meeting was almost over. I helped Grace get in her PJ's and then while Julie was putting her to bed I had to return some books to the library. While I was out I stopped at Wal-Mart to get a few things.

I forgot to mention much about transferring video from my camcorder to the DVD recorder. That's what I was trying to do most of the afternoon while "A" was playing with the girls. I mentioned that I needed a cable. This cable is a firewire cable that you would normally use on your computer to transfer video. But our new DVD recorder has a DV-In port which is firewire, but it's the 4-pin variety and usually on a computer it's the 6-pin. So I needed a 4-pin to 4-pin cable instead of the normal 4-pin to 6-pin cable. That's what Grace and I got at Best Buy (plus the first season of Las Vegas on DVD) and I got it all hooked up and the DVD recorder wasn't showing anything on the TV screen. So I'm thinking their is something wrong with either the cable or the input for the DVD recorder. I wrote LG's customer service and they want me to call about getting it serviced. So I guess tomorrow I'll try using regular video cables and see if that will work. I'll get is serviced later after I get everything transferred (as long as I can without using my computer.) It was very frustrating though especially since I went and bought a special cable to get everything working and then it didn't.

No comments: