Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Feels like Thursday

Tomorrow's going to be long. For some reason I thought today was Thursday and that we could sleep in tomorrow morning but that's not the case. So hopefully Grace will get a good nights sleep and be alright tomorrow. We did go to Great America with Grace's friend from school today. He and Grace had a great time. It was a great day to go: perfect weather when we were there, not too many people were there, the kids all got along great and we just overall had a good time. Unfortunately I didn't feel like bringing the camera today and Grace was up on stage dancing with the Wiggles. So I just got some shots with my cell phone. She's on the right with the yellow pants. Here it is:



We brought lunch home with us and she for some reason didn't want to eat. Her friend from down the street that she normally plays with on Wednesdays was home and since we were home fairly early from Great America, she could have played with her. I told her we would call and see if they could play together after she ate her lunch. She never did, so she didn't get to see her today. But a few hours later we called her friend from across the street and they played together until dinner time. She ate her dinner and seems fine, I'm just hoping she isn't getting sick. You never know what you can pick up when you are around so many people like that at Great America.

Then tonight Julie had dance class so after dinner she basically got ready for class and left. At least I had a dinner ready today - better than I've been for the last 2 weeks. Then Grace was playing with the next door neighbor until 8:30 and I didn't get her into bed until 9:30, so she'll probably sleep late in the morning and we have dance class, so hopefully she won't be cranky. But it's my own fault so I have no one to blame...

So I guess today was an all-in-all normal/non-eventful day except that we went to Great America which we don't normally do. At least the rain held out until we got home, that was a nice touch - thanks God! Oh, I know what else happened today; my BIL & SIL from Michigan sent emails today saying their newest baby Peri will be having her baptism on July 29. Unfortunately we won't be able to go because we'll be in Colorado on vacation - YEA for vacation - but we were hoping to be able to go to the baptism too. Doesn't look promising. ;-)

Oh, here are some pictures that Great America took of Grace today:





Not spectacular, but better than my phone could take. There was one point when Grace and her friends were around Wags and Dorothy after the show was over and the photographer was just standing there not taking any pictures. That was one time I probably would have paid for those photos, but not if they don't take any.

Also, the News-Sun newspaper called me tonight. They are writing an article for Father's Day about stay-at-home-dads and they want to interview me and take pictures and maybe even video for their website. Sounds pretty exciting, I have to remember to call them back and say yes. Of course then I'll actually have to clean the house...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK Steve, here is my itinerary:
Arr. Ohare 7/6 1:30 P.M. (afternoon).
Leave Milwaukee: 7/8 at 11:20 A.M.
Sunday.
Return Milwaukee: 7/11 - 5:20 P.M.
Leave Chicago: 7/14 8:41 A.M. Saturday. And I love your blog. Now I can see what you are doing. Me: Most of the time I am at one of 2 Senior Centers either band pracice or playing bingo, or just going out to eat. It's really hard keeping the same weight when all you do is eat. (Ha!Ha!) No, I really keep the house clean, do dishes, water flowers, etc. Anything to do with the house. That is my job now. But, since everyday is Saturday, it is O.K. A. Pat