Friday, June 1, 2007

Friday!

So today was Friday - YEA! Grace slept in. I know you're surprised. I sure was - ha, ha! By the time she got up and I got up and showered, it was 11:00 or so. She was watching TV and came downstairs at like 12:00 or 12:15 and wanted to have breakfast. I said you slept through breakfast, it's time for lunch. She wasn't too happy about that, but asked for a grilled cheese sandwich (she only has 3 or 4 choices on her menu.) I said we don't have any cheese (we didn't go to the grocery store this week) how about a peanut butter and sandwich (as she likes to call it.) She finally agreed, so I made one for her and one for me (did I mention we haven't been to the grocery store?) and we had lunch.

I then called a friend to ask what her child would want for their birthday since Grace is going to their birthday party tomorrow. We ended up talking for over an hour and a half, maybe two hours all together. We were talking about our kids and our kids friends and their parents and about how to bring up kids and just a lot of stuff. We never seem to have much time to talk since we are both busy. So it was really nice to talk to this friend.

So after that, Grace and I went to Wal-Mart to get the gifts for the birthday party tomorrow morning. She was a bear in the store. She wanted this and she wanted that and can she have this, AHHH. So I explained that if she didn't ask every 3 seconds for something and that if she helped me pick things out for her friends that we'd get her one thing when we were done. That worked pretty well, but I didn't put a limit on what she could get, so of course she picks a $15 item that wasn't marked with a price. I know that somewhere in the store they have a scanner that will tell you how much it is so we set out to find one. We finally find it on the other side of the store and it doesn't work. So by this point I'm like I don't care how much it is, lets just get OUT OF HERE! So we check out and spend lots of money and leave. I dropped a book off at the library and we came home.

Get home and she watches another episode of Fetch with Ruff Ruffman. Then her best friend from across the street comes over. She really hasn't seen her all week since we've been so busy. Then I look out and see her friends Mom and sister coming over too, so I meet them outside and we were talking. Then Julie comes home and the girls come outside to play chalk on the sidewalk. So we were all outside talking and having a good time and then we realized what the time was and were trying to hurry to get to Julie's parents house. Unfortunately we got over there pretty late - after 7:00pm. But dinner was good and dessert was good and (I was starving since I had only had a peanut butter sandwich) we had a nice relaxing time. And another week is in the books.

But did you catch the Cubs game today? I didn't see much of it since we were at Wal-Mart during most of the game, but holy cow! Apparently either Carlos Zambrano (my favorite Cubs pitcher) is getting really frustrated since his season hasn't been going well or maybe he just didn't like the way Michael Barrett the catcher was calling the pitches, but they actually had fisticuffs in the dugout and in the locker room. It'll be interesting to see how Lou Piniella deals with this. He's a real class guy and I really respect him as a coach. Hopefully he can get this team turned around. I'd say he's had a pretty good impact already even though their record doesn't really show that. I wouldn't think Carlos was upset with Michael for the passed ball (even though that really screwed up the inning) since there really isn't much you can do about that, but you never know.

No comments: