Sunday, June 17, 2007

Fathers Day

Today was Fathers Day and we make the rounds to see my Dad and Julie's Dad every year. Julie made us cinnamon rolls for breakfast--mmmm, so good! Then we went to church, haven't been there in so long - ha, ha! After that we came back home to finish a few things up; I'm trying to finish recording the recital to DVD for everyone that needs a copy. I wanted to finish up one copy of each show for Julie's Dad since he wasn't well enough to go to the recital this year. So after I was done with that we ran over there.

While we were there I helped my BIL set up his DirecTV boxes that he ordered over eBay. We ended up having to order some new access cards for each of his boxes because the ones that came with them were still registered to the previous owner. I don't know, I guess it makes sense but at the same time it doesn't because you just change it to be registered to my BIL. But I know they deal with fraud every day with people trying to steal their service without paying for it and so they have these procedures in place to stop or at least limit that as much as possible. Neither of us was upset, it just seems like a little too much - too many hoops.

So we got that done except it obviously doesn't work yet as we have to wait for the new access cards to come in the mail. We then were into dinner time and stayed for dinner (darn, how could that have happened :->). It was really good; MIL made a standing rib roast with nice fluffy mashed potatoes and really tasty gravy, mmmmmm! I sure ate good on Fathers Day!

After that we headed over to my Dad's house and my sister and BIL were there. So that was really nice for us all to be together for a few hours. We don't get to see each other as often as we should, especially for how close we live to each other. We were watching a show on the Discovery Channel called "Man vs. Wild" and the host was in the everglades and was showing you how to survive and to find your way out. It was pretty engaging and very interesting. After that we came home and got Grace to bed. I was then continuing to work on the recital videos and to try and get new music onto Julie's MP3 player. She doesn't have an iPod and for some reason, it doesn't ever seem to work as easily as my iPod does as far as transferring music onto it. But I'm pretty sure I uninstalled the application that has been causing the problem and hopefully this won't happen any more. What's crazy is I used to love this application - Musicmatch Jukebox; It's just become too buggy.

No comments: