Saturday, June 2, 2007

Saturday and Birthday Parties

Grace got up super early today - 6:20 - which really sucked because I didn't go to bed until like 2am. So I was a little tired today. Julie had dance class and then after that Grace went to a birthday party for a friend of hers. His party was at My Jump Place in Lake Villa. She loves going there and was very excited. We got there a few minutes late because "somebody" was taking their time getting ready. After we'd been there a few minutes Julie came to watch Grace and I got a little free time.

I went to Staples and made some copies of a book I borrowed from the library about southwest interior design for ideas of how to further decorate our first floor since it's an Arizona theme. After I returned the book to the library, I went to Menards to get a new weed-trimmer attachment for my weed wacker. For some reason it stopped working. The edger attachment still works fine, but not the trimmer. But of course they didn't have any. I'll have to look somewhere else for that. I did get a new thistle feeder bag to feed the birds with since the one we have has a gaping hole in it that lets the seeds fall on the ground in big piles.

Then I went over to my Dad's house to install Microsoft Office 2003 on his new computer. It came with a 60-day trial of Office 2007 Home & Student which isn't enough for him (doesn't include Outlook) plus he'd have to pay a lot to keep it after the 60 days. This took a while to do because in the interim he was using the new version of Outlook Express that comes with Vista called Microsoft Mail. So I had to import his old mail file (.PST) from Outlook and then try to import the mail from Microsoft Mail. This proved difficult as following the instructions didn't work. I had to make it up as I went along. After this, I went home and Julie had just gotten home too. We just hung out and ordered a pizza - YEA! I don't get to do that often, as Julie doesn't really like it.

While I was at my Dad's house, I had turned on the Cubs game just a few minutes before Lou Piniella went on his tirade that got him ejected. That was exciting. Can't wait to see how he is at the Cubs game tomorrow as Grace, my Dad and I are going. YEA!

No comments: