Saturday, June 9, 2007

Stage Rehearsal

Today was stage rehearsal and we were there a little longer than I thought we would be because we stayed to watch all the dances. Plus we picked up Julie's Mom on the way there and she came with us. Then we dropped her off on the way home. Stage rehearsal itself went pretty good I think. There were a few glitches like when the curtains broke and they couldn't close them. That's bad when you get to the end of the show and you can't close the curtains, but overall things went well. So I think everyone is ready for tomorrow.

As I'm writing this however Grace is still not asleep. She's pulling out every card she's got for a reason why she can't go to sleep. It might be partly because she took a nap in the car on the way home, but who knows. She didn't eat much of her dinner and that usually means she doesn't feel well. So hopefully she isn't getting sick.

Sadly, my whole family won't be able to come and see Grace dance this year. My Dad and my Aunt are both going out to Uncle Chuck's wake and funeral. And my Sister is going to our cousins graduation party. So I've got four extra tickets if anyone wants them. :-)

I tried to get a few things done around the house today to make it more presentable, but we just really didn't have any time at home. I was helping my Aunt (different from the last paragraph) with a computer problem on the phone in the morning after I paid a few bills. Talked to my Sister for a few minutes too. My niece had her recital today and so we couldn't go to that since we were at stage rehearsal all day. I was amazed at how she was describing how they do their recitals. For our recitals they have two shows and they generally go for about two hours each. For their recital, they have between 6 and 7 shows and each one is about an hour and a half. I was amazed. That's a lot of dancing! Now that would take all day!

I did get a few minutes to work in the garden a little. I finally got my netting put down and my strawberries are mostly protected now. I also put the new post caps on all the garden posts so they all look nicer. Now I just need to finish weeding and till the soil so I can maybe plant a few things. I need to think of someplace to transplant the strawberries to next year because they take up a lot of room in the garden. They are probably taking up 1/3 of the garden and thats too much in my opinion.

I'm so ready to get our new car. This car is nice, but it's not perfect for us and I'm just tired of driving it. I feel like a yuppy in it. Although we did see two "older" ladies driving one tonight on the way home from Wisconsin. Speaking of Wisconsin, we couldn't believe the gas prices up there. We're definitely filling up before we come home tomorrow. I think I mentioned the other day that the cheapest I've seen around here is $3.33/gallon. Up in Kenosha it's only $2.99/gallon. WOW! 34¢ a gallon can add up quick!

That's all I can remember, so I'll add more if I think of it tomorrow.

No comments: