Saturday, August 18, 2007

Rain is here

Remember we had that really nice day yesterday and that rain was coming for the next several days. Yea, that whole cycle has already begun as it rained on and off for most of the day today. And no end in sight.

We were kind of busy today so I didn't get much done. I pulled the weeds out front and just as I was finishing (and hoping to mow the grass) the rains started. We all had lunch together at Culvers before heading to the grocery store. Pretty much the only things we picked up were things we needed for dinner tonight. I made home-made pizza including the crust. Since deep-dish is my favorite, that's the recipe I found and was trying. The pizza was pretty good (everyone else liked it) but I'll be using a different recipe next time. Plus we tried using fresh mozzarella cheese. Never experiment with two unknowns at the same time - especially with company coming over. It tasted fine, but didn't cook up very well because it has a much higher moisture content.

But it was nice to have pizza at home since Julie doesn't really like it. After I made the crust and it was just rising I ran over to Office Max and tried to get my money back for the web cam. Yea, it was easy, they did it with no problems at all. Got back nearly thirty dollars. It was definitely worth the trip. Glad I noticed it in their flier this week.

While I was out I also mailed a package to our Aunt in Nebraska; basically just a CD with some pictures on it. After our company arrived I threw the pizza together and tossed it in the oven. I was disappointed because it didn't taste the way I wanted it too, but it was pretty good I guess, just not was I was looking forward to. We didn't have any left-overs, so that's a good sign.

Then for dessert we had make your own sundaes with a new flavor: double vanilla. Guess that's new because I've never heard of it. It was really good! Really hit the spot.

Tomorrow we don't know what we're doing yet. Hopefully I can tie up a few loose ends around the house. Just wish it wouldn't rain so I could do a few things outside too.

I'm very tired, so I'll go for now.

No comments: