Friday, August 17, 2007

A Nice Day

Finally we had a really nice day weather-wise today. Amazing! I was starting to wonder if we'd just jump right into fall or winter suddenly like we have in some years past. One day it's in the 80's or 90's and then all the sudden it's in the 60's. That's a big shock. But today was really nice - mid 70's for most of the day and a nice breeze and mild humidity! YEA! Now it's supposed to rain for the next several days.

If you remember from a few days ago a friend of mine invited us to go with them to Great America today and my foot was feeling good enough that Grace and I went. Like I just said, what a nice day! We went with two of Grace's friends from dance class and one of them is also in her pre-school class plus her sister and their Mom's. So there were seven of us and unfortunately for the friends sister she didn't have anyone her age with so that she could ride the rides she wanted to, she had to do what the 4 year olds were doing and she was bored out of her mind.



But the other girls and us parents had a good time. At the Wiggles World area they had the music cranked so loud we had to yell at each other to hear anything. And the Spy Girls Adventure Show was closed today. But we got to see the 3-D movie called Marvin the Martian. I think the girls really enjoyed that. It was pretty cool. They kept wanting to ride the rides in the Wiggles area over and over and then it was pretty much time to go so there was disappointment over not being able to ride any roller coasters but they all had a really good time (except the older one.)

After that we came home and it was too late to start dinner so we took care of the cat next door after letting Rosco out. Then we went to check on the other neighbor's cat because they were leaving on vacation today and hadn't heard from the person that was going to cat-sit for them. But alas, the cat wasn't there so we don't need to worry about her. They had come this afternoon and picked her up. I call this cat-sitter "the spa" because they just love this cat and treat it so well when it's at their house. It's kind of funny. But she is a really nice cat.

So we ended up buying Gyro sandwiches for dinner tonight. They were pretty good but I'm not sure if anyone really liked them a lot because nobody commented on them - good or bad. I won't say where they are from unless I hear that they liked them. We really like the restaurant we got them from but have never tried their Gyro's.

We saw most of High School Musical 2 tonight on the Disney Channel. I recorded it at home assuming that we weren't going to be able to watch it. I was partially right because we were so late bringing dinner over that the movie had already started before we got there. But Julie's "hip" parents had it on when we got there. So Grace disappeared as soon as we got there and we found out why as soon as we got to the living room. Grace has been so excited about the movie coming out and she's been listening to the soundtrack every chance she gets. I think she liked the movie, but I can't ask her now as she's sleeping at this time of night.

I thought it was a pretty good movie, what I saw of it at least. I didn't see much of it to be honest; I guess I only really saw about half of it. I suppose I should hold back on my judgment until after I've seen the whole thing. I was wondering and so was one of Grace's friends' Mom today about our friends that moved to Zimbabwe. We aren't sure if they get the Disney Channel out that way and their two girls are REALLY into High School Musical. If you read this Lauren and need a DVD, just let me know. It's all ready to mail as I recorded it straight to DVD tonight.

My foot as I said above was feeling better today. When I woke up it felt really good but as the day progressed (and I walked more) it was hurting quite a bit today. I think I'm being payed back for how I treated my foot yesterday. It felt good yesterday so I kind of resumed my normal activity. And then today I did quite a bit of walking all around Great America; plus a lot of standing too. I really should take it easy more, but it's hard to just sit around. I don't want to just sit there and wait.

I got the approval today to be part of a Bears Super Fan Blog Team. I guess they did this last year and it was successful so they're doing it again. Sounds like it's right up my alley. I'll let you know more details when I find them out.

So tomorrow I'm going to try and get Office Max to give me a partial refund for the web cam I purchased last week. If you remember last Friday Grace and I went in with our 15% off bag and filled it up with stuff including the web cam. Then we get the newspaper on Sunday and it shows the exact same web cam being on sale for 50% off. That's quite a big difference. So I'm going to first try to get them to refund the difference which is like $25 or if I have to I'll just return the one I bought and buy it at the new discount price. Either way, I'm not paying more than 50% of it's original price since that's what it's on sale for right now.

Julie is having a Stampin' Up class tomorrow morning and then we're having friends over for dinner. We have some cleaning to do and I have to get to the store and buy the ingredients to make dinner. So I'd better get going.

No comments: