Thursday, August 9, 2007

Happy 70th

So this is my 70th post. It's not particularly significant, just thought I'd bring it to your attention. Today was actually a pretty nice day. It was "A"s last day with Grace and I as her and her family are going on vacation tomorrow and a couple days after they come back she starts school. Her and Grace just chilled in front of the TV for most of the day so I'm guessing Grace will be raring to go tomorrow.

Since we've been back from vacation we took Rosco to the vet for his semi-annual checkup and he got all of his shots. Since he's a "senior" he's on the semi-annual visitation schedule. When we saw the vet, she had lost a lot of weight and I thought she looked really good but for some reason I didn't ask her if she was on a diet plan or anything. Good thing I didn't because I asked her assistant later and she said that she's having some health problems. That's not good; I don't want to be selfish, but I'd hate to lose her as our vet. She is the best vet we've ever had. Rosco actually likes to go to the vet now.

The next day Grace and I went to a Cubs game at Wrigley Field again. The giveaway was another Cubs Build-A-Bear. So now she has one from last year and this one too. She was pretty excited about that. Unfortunately "we" didn't get ready fast enough and so we missed the train and had to drive downtown. But we made it in plenty of time and then since it was so hot (sorry to keep kicking a dead horse here about the temperature) we were able to leave early without having to wait forever for the next train to come by.

Last Saturday my Dad took my sister and I and our spouses to a play downtown and dinner afterwards. The play is called Put the Nuns in Charge. It was hilarious; very interactive and very fun. This is the sequel to Late Night Catechism and from what I hear (I've never seen Late Night Catechism) this is exactly the same, you're just discussing different topics during the show. By the way if you plan on attending, don't be late (we weren't but this poor guy behind us was.) Also, don't talk during the show, don't cross your legs, no getting up without permission, etc. It's like being in Catholic School and it was very funny. I got to get up on stage and help The Sister sing Kum Ba Yah.

Afterwards we went to this italian restaurant just down the street called Vinci. Wow was it good. Everything from the appetizers, the wine, the food, the desserts, just excellent. I highly recommend it if you're planning a trip to the theater district downtown. But you'll probably need reservations. It was about $41/person with drinks, appetizers and desserts so it's quite reasonable. So that was a great night out and I'm quite thankful that my Dad did this for us.

Sunday was the first pre-season football game. It was pretty boring (what I saw of it anyway) as you'd expect from a pre-season game. Grace had her last gymnastics for the summer on Tuesday. She'll be back at it on the 29th as that's when the Fall session starts. Now tomorrow Grace and I go to the chiropractor and then in the evening we all get our hair cut. Thank God! I can not wait! My hair feels like extra weight on my head and is just generally driving me nuts.

Then on Saturday we're going to Lindenfest (it's a local fair kind of thing that each town in the area does at one point or other over the summer.) Ours (Hainesville) is on September the 15th. Anyway, we're going to Lindenfest (in Lindenhurst) on Saturday morning and Grace is performing her recital routine again.

Then in the evening Saturday, we're taking our niece and Grace downtown. I don't want to say what it is so as to not spoil her surprise. But it will be a lot of fun for all of us I think.

I got the second coat on the bookcase today and got a coat of paint on the six shelves I'm working on right now. So all I have left right now is to put a second coat on these six shelves and they'll be done. Plus I need to fill the gaps and other imperfections in the bookcases themselves and touch those areas up after the caulk dries. But of course after all that, we still have 12 more shelves to paint...I think I made too many shelves.

The rain last night was only about a 1/4 of an inch. And then today I don't think it actually rained here, but it sure did threaten and I saw on the news tonight that some places actually got a pretty heavy downpour for a few minutes tonight. I'm ready for the grass to dry out so I can mow the back yard! From our schedule I'd say that Sunday would be a good mowing day.

I heard from the loan guy at our bank today and he said that our dealership is willing to wait for the rest of our money for another week so that we can qualify for a special incentive from the bank. I was shocked. After the trouble we had with the "other" dealership, this is very refreshing. It's actually astonishing to me how different (night and day) these two dealerships are.

I got some free time tonight after dinner and I had planned to go to the library, but I ended up just running from store to store checking prices. I'm thinking I'm going to make the switch to full synthetic motor oil in our cars and so I'm checking prices at different places to see where I should buy it. Wal-Mart was the cheapest, but AutoZone has it on sale right now for cheaper than anyone else. I'm just torn between using Valvoline SynPower and Castrol Syntec. I've been a Valvoline guy for a very long time and would like to stick with it. But the Castrol is easier to find. Only one of the four stores I stopped in tonight sold the Valvoline that I needed and it was actually the cheapest if you buy it by the quart; But if you buy it by the gallon, Wal-Mart has them beat easy.

Alright, that's enough for today as I'm having a hard time staying awake. Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

Twin-Daddy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Twin-Daddy said...

As your only reader...

It's been about 68 dreadfully boring posts and 2 narrowly interesting post...