Saturday, July 14, 2007

Sorry

Hello there everyone. I've been a little busy and so haven't been blogging lately. Don't think that I'm stopping because I'm not, just took a break for awhile. So what's been happening...lots I suppose.

Julie's Aunt stayed with us for the last week. Grace had a wonderful time with her. We'll be heading out towards her house next week on vacation as we're driving to Colorado. We'll be staying at her house and then she'll be coming with us too! So Grace and I will have someone to sightsee with while Julie is busy stamping at the Stampin' Up convention.

My niece had a birthday and Grace got to go to her birthday party last Saturday. She had another birthday party for a friend of hers from gymnastics on Sunday so Grace was booked last weekend. We took Julie's Aunt up to the Milwaukee airport on Sunday also as she was going up to northern Wisconsin to see her son and grandchildren. Then we picked her back up on Wednesday. Tuesday was really busy; Grace had her gymnastics and then we went shopping for a little while and had lunch. Then she had a swimming party at a friends house. Then in the evening was our village's board meeting. Then on Friday Grace and I got adjustments at the chiropractor. Grace didn't hardly need any adjustments, but I did - mostly in my lower back which is not where I normally need adjustments.

We have been trying to decide what to buy so that Grace can watch movies in the car on our vacation next week. We were looking at the personal DVD players and had picked one out that had a super long battery life (12 hours) but before we could buy it, Julie says "what about a laptop?" So we stopped buying the DVD player and I started researching. We ended up getting a laptop for only $150 more than a DVD player. And this way I'll be able to check my email, surf and blog while we're away from home. The only problem we're having is deciding how to secure the laptop in the car as we're driving. We did find a laptop bag that attaches to the seat in the car, but it's only available online and we couldn't look at it before buying it. So when it comes this week we'll take a look at it and see if it's what we were looking for. The other option I found was an "extra" screen that attaches to the headrest. It's actually designed for the personal DVD players so that you would have two screens in the car, but I thought we could just hook the laptop up to the screen and then the laptop could be in the console or wherever. That'll be our second option I think if the bag we ordered isn't what we want.

Along with the laptop, we got a free printer, wireless router (that I'll use as a switch since we already have a wireless router), and anti-spyware software. The printer we got wasn't all that, so I took it back and "upgraded" to the next model which just happened to be on sale for the same price, so it didn't cost anything. So our office equipment is looking a little fresher and vacation will be so much easier! Thank you Circuit City!

Still no word on the new car. We were informed that it had been "submitted to plant" remember, but no updates since then, so I'm assuming it hasn't even made it to the assembly line yet. Darn that Mayor Bloomberg! As far as the Libertyville Lincoln Mercury deal; we are still waiting on the dealership to make a decision. Visa has decided to refund the money, but the dealership could refuse and that would put everything right back where we started.

I got the grass mowed this evening. Grace went for a sleep-over at her Aunt's house in Vernon Hills. She was over at our house picking up some stamping stuff and asked if we'd like that. We answered yes obviously. She's down right now because they laid her off at her job. Grace will be glad to cheer her up.

DirecTV activated the HD receiver my BIL ordered on eBay with no problems, so now my in-laws have hi-def DirecTV. I think they like it, but it's only been a day. I think they need more time to know for sure.

So now our focus turns to vacation and getting everything ready for that. It'll be a big undertaking, but it should also be a lot of fun. Our chiropractor said this morning that he's driven this trip and it's a pretty easy drive and quite beautiful after you get out of Nebraska (no offense Luvy!)

I'll need to make sure Julie's car is ready for the trip since we weren't planning to take it. We keep up with our routine maintenance, but this trip isn't routine so I'll have to be extra diligent with it before we go.

I've been eying some servers on eBay. Don't think Julie would like me buying anything like that, but if it's within my weekly "allowance" it'll be alright. I've found some older IBM servers that have been going for some pretty low amounts but will suit us just fine considering we only have 3-5 (depending on the day) computers in our house. And I've been buying Grace some games for her Leapster that we got her for our trip. Now I need to go through the house and find stuff to sell!

Alright, that's enough for now. We need to eat dinner. I will be blogging again tomorrow.

No comments: