Thursday, July 5, 2007

Hurray

As it stands right now, Visa has refunded our money from Libertyville Lincoln Mercury. Yea! The dispute representative at Visa is out of the office until next Tuesday so I can't confirm with her why they've done this. I'm not sure if the dealership has allowed this to happen or maybe they didn't file a rebuttal to the dispute in a timely fashion, or whether Visa just made this decision and the dealership had no choice. But as of now, we have our money and everything in the world is B-E-A-utiful!

Now as far as our new car, still no word from the factory. Also Ford has dropped all incentives for 2008 Escape Hybrids. If you want any 2007 vehicle: 0% financing. 2008 vehicle, nothing; Lucky me.

Grace didn't sleep in this morning and "A" went swimming with a friend so it was just Grace and I until the afternoon when her friend from across the street came over to play. While they were playing I finished putting up the shelf I've been working on. I also touched up the walls a bit from wear-and-tear (read: Grace) over the last couple of years. I started getting things ready for Julie's Aunt whom Grace and I are picking up from the airport tomorrow. She'll be staying with us for a few days. She won't be surprised at how clean and organized our house is, that's for sure. But at least she'll have a bed to sleep in and a roof over her head.

We ate out tonight to "celebrate" getting our money back from the dealership. Hopefully it will stand as is; who knows what will happen considering how stubborn they were with this case for so long. Only time will tell.

Commercial
Guy on phone: "Hello?"
Roger: "Hey, it's Roger again. This time I'm callin ya on my new Comcast Digital Voice Home Phone Service."
Guy on phone: "For the last time, tattoos are permanent."
Roger: "I know what you said before but I was talking on my OLD phone service."
Guy on Phone: "So."
Roger: "Now I'm talking to you on my new COMCAST service."
Guy on Phone: "Sorry Roger, you tiger now."
Roger: "Sorry? I have Comcast Digital Voice."
Voice over: "Your phone calls won't change, they'll just cost less."

I called DirecTV again today because we bought a second HiDef receiver and need an access card to use in it. Come to find out that the HiDef receiver we have now will be deprecated sometime soon and we'll need to buy yet another HiDef receiver. Just so you know, our receiver model is the H10. So if you have a DirecTV Model H10 HiDef receiver, you will need to buy a new receiver in the next few months. This is because they are changing their HiDef channel lineup in the fall and they are switching to Mpeg-4 encoding and the H10 HiDef model won't process Mpeg-4 audio. So now more expenses for us and how many other customers.

Have any of you heard about what happened in the Boulder High School in Colorado a couple of months ago? Personally I find it appalling. Here is a link to an article about it. You won't find an article in ANY mainstream newspaper because they don't want you to know about it. I can't believe anything they said was presented to any child and I'm really surprised that there isn't more community outrage over what transpired. Here is a transcript of the entire panel. These alleged experts were telling this assembly of students (which had mandatory attendance) that you should experiment with drugs and sex and same-sex sex, etc. Absolutely astounding that this goes on in our own country and even worse that hardly anyone is complaining about it. I don't get it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info on the H10 from Directv I needed but did you read the transcript that offended you so much. No one said what you said they said. The "drug" speaker Sanho Tree. "...I believe, first of all, that the drug war has failed...". and followed up with "...drugs do actually cause a lot of harm in our society. "
Is this actually something you disagree with?

With one hand you give and the other you take away. Next time why don't you quote the quotes that you think make your point. This was not an "altert the media - they don't want you to know moment" as you suggested with your read the transcript.