Saturday, May 26, 2007

Picnics

Spent the majority of the day today getting ready for our picnic tomorrow. We got most of the house cleaned up, most toys put away (they come back out immediately) and the carpet vacuumed and shampooed. Plus I got the groceries bought. I still need to clean the hardwood floors and start cooking; boil the brat's and cook the corn. But we didn't buy any pop or beer, so we may have to run out and buy a few things tomorrow yet. Looks like the weather should hold out and it should be a nice sunny and fairly warm day.

Some friends of ours are moving out of the country and we wanted to take them to dinner tonight, but they were busy packing and couldn't make it. Maybe they can come to our picnic tomorrow. We're going to have to get a bigger house for these picnics. Looks like we will have a minimum of 34 people plus 4 more who might stop by and 8 more we mentioned it to today. Sure hope we have enough food. That's always my biggest fear. Maybe I'll grab more burgers tomorrow when I'm buying the beer and pop.

I'm moving along on my book about ASP.net 2.0 Programming. Made it through chapter 5 this morning while Julie was at dance class and Grace was still sleeping. Now it's getting to the fun stuff where you actually start doing things that create a web site.

Finally got to talk to my Mom tonight. Haven't talked to her in a while - probably a month. She seems to be doing good. She bought a Toyota Prius a few months ago and Mom said that my step-Dad bought one just a few days ago. So they are a two Prius family now. Would have never guessed that as he has driven a Rav-4 forever. Mom said she's been getting between 45-50 mpg and my step-Dad has been getting more since he does more city driving. I can't wait to get my new Escape. It should be in no longer than 3 1/2 weeks from now.

We're driving the loaner now which is a 2007 Ford Edge. It is a nice car; great ride, excellent acceleration and lots of bells and whistles but the fuel mileage isn't that great and the headrests aren't very comfortable. I do kind of like the color - Ford calls it copper, here's a picture.

But again, I can't wait for my new car. With gas at the price it is, I need the fuel mileage. I wish I could have the profits of one of the big oil companies for just one day. Boy would that change things in my life.

Alright, well I'm tired and must get to bed.

No comments: