Wednesday, May 30, 2007

It's warm out

Today was a hot day - 87 and quite humid. And of course Grace wanted to go outside and play. I finally let her because I couldn't take the begging any more. I let her and her friend who was here for a play date go outside and run through the sprinkler. But I don't think either of them really like going through the sprinkler so it didn't last long.

I made them wait a few minutes while I mowed the front yard. Since I need to mow the grass and I was going to get it wet with the sprinkler, I mowed it real quick before I turned it on. So they went up and down the sidewalk on Grace's bicycle and scooter about 2 or 3 times and then I turned it on for them. They were happy and playing for about 10-15 minutes and then they got bored. So they went to play in the back yard and I put everything away. Then about 10 minutes later Grace's friend's mom came to pick her up.

Then since she was hot, she wanted to watch TV. I turned on Fetch with Ruff Ruffman, if you haven't seen it it's a cute show on PBS. It was actually a new episode that had recorded on our Tivo. Then when it was over there was another episode on live TV. So she was really enjoying it. Then one of the neighbors came over for a few minutes to play and then Grace went back outside to play with some other neighbors. Then we all went up to Antioch so Julie could practice the "Mom's dance" for the recital.

I was right about the baby robins, they are gone. Didn't see any of them today. That's amazing to think they weren't even two weeks old and they aren't even in the nest anymore, wow! Alright, I'm tired so I gotta go.

No comments: