Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day

Today was a great day except that we didn't get to go to the Memorial Day Parade. Grace slept too long. But we finally got to go for a good bike ride. All of us went with our friends so there were 7 of us all together. We went for just over 10 miles and our average speed was about 8 mph. Nothing especially good, but we had the kids with us and it's our first big ride of the year. Now we just need to keep riding.

Our friends have a "tag-along" or a bike attachment that goes behind your bike that the kids can pedal and help out and feel like they're really riding. So Grace and her friend were on there for the first 5 or 6 miles and then we stopped to rest and they were getting tired, so they both got in the trailer that I was pulling behind my bike. Wow what a difference. I was getting tired quickly with the extra weight; they weigh more than they did last year. But that'll help me get in shape quicker, so it was good.

After that we were pretty tired, so we just took it easy. The robin babies are getting really big and I don't think they'll be around much longer. They are fighting for position in the nest and just really not fitting too well. At least the momma was able to feed them today. Yesterday was, I'm sure, pretty traumatic for her with all of us in the back yard there.

I did work on my ASP.net 2.0 but was having problems once I actually told it I was creating a web site. As long as I was just writing the files I wanted and saving them it was working great. But after I created a web site for it to store everything in, it adds extra functionality to everything, and apparently is quite touchy with changing file names. So I'm thinking I'll just delete it and start over tomorrow on that part. I think that's about everything for today so I'm gonna go.

No comments: