Sunday, September 23, 2007

My Beloved Bears

The Bears didn't look good today. I think it might be time to get a real quarterback. I do like Rex Grossman, but he's just not cutting it. I think I've known for years that the quarterback position was one of their weaknesses. One of these years they might actually realize that.

Julie and I celebrated our 9th anniversary today. It's in a few days. I took her to see Wicked downtown and then we watched the ABC 7 news from outside their studio. They have their studio right on the street where you can watch them do all of their broadcasts.

After that we drove up to Evanston to eat dinner at Gulliver's Pizza - the best pan pizza!. While we were out having fun Grace was with her Aunt and Uncle. They were having fun too. She was at her other Aunt and Uncle's house racing around Diamond Lake on their Waverunner! I'll have pictures later.

We didn't go to the Bears game. We were considering it (at least I was) and trying to find tickets, but they are just too expensive. The cheapest I could find was about $300/ea. And considering that they lost 34-10 I'm glad we didn't spend that much on tickets. So that was a good thing. And we didn't even have to watch them losing too much since we were out late. Let's hope they can get better quickly or it'll be a long season.

But speaking of football tickets Julie got me tickets to a Wisconsin Badger football game for our anniversary. So we're going to plan a trip up to Madison. I've been wanting to go to one of their games for years. The date is open so we need to decide which game to go to. Ideally I'd like to go to the Michigan game on November 10, but I'm guessing it'll be really cold then so I'm not sure what to do.

Last year on Nov. 10 the high was 39° and on Oct. 27 when they play Indiana the high last year was 46°. Looks like the tickets for the Indiana game are cheaper than the Michigan game as one might expect. We're thinking of taking Grace with us, but I'm not sure if that's a good idea as sets of 3 tickets are hard to come by. We'd have to take someone else with us and buy 4 tickets I think if we're going to bring Grace.

No comments: