Wednesday, September 17, 2008

miscellaneous observations

I just found this article about DNA testing on dog poop that isn't picked up. I've wanted to do this for the neighbors that don't pick up after their dog in my yard.

The next thing I found was this article about the new Chevy Volt. Wow that sounds really cool. It would be perfect for me - except that it's a car instead of an SUV so I wouldn't be able to carry as much cargo as I'm carrying in my Escape. But otherwise it would be perfect because I don't hardly ever drive over 40 miles at a time. If they can get this thing going and then other manufacturers follow suit...

Around here things have been pretty typical. We're recovering from a LOT of rain. Personally here at our house we got about 9 inches of rain over the last week or so. It's unfortunately delayed the landscaper from coming out and finishing preparing the area where we're going to put the new playset for Grace. I'm hoping they come tomorrow as in my "expert" opinion the soil should be dry enough to dig now: we'll see. What I do know is my patience is growing thin with them. They have already been out and did all the work, it just wasn't the work we had agreed to. So now that have to come back and finish it but it just keeps raining.

We're struggling to decide what to do for Grace's 6th birthday party. We want to do something special considering this will be her last birthday without a sibling. We've been considering doing a party at a local horse riding place but for the cost it just doesn't give you a lot in return. So we're not sure right now what we're doing.

No comments: