Saturday, August 30, 2008

School Rocks

Grace has only gone to school for two days now but each time she gets off the bus she can't say it any more excitedly about how good her day was. She absolutely loves school and enjoys every minute of it I think. She was so excited to go on Friday (her second day) we had to go to the bus stop 15 minutes before the bus was coming. She just couldn't stand to be in the house when the bus would be coming "soon." I'm imagining the excitement wearing off at some point, but hopefully she'll enjoy her whole year.

We've been getting handout after handout each day (all two of them.) One of the things we got yesterday was called "Parent Information Exchange." It's a form that we have to fill out and return to the teacher and one of the questions on there is "Three goals for your child's school success this year." I'm not sure what to put for that. In fact most of the questions on this sheet are very thought provoking and neither Julie nor I were absolutely certain how to answer them.

We've already had to read through several things including the Student Handbook which is like 47 pages long. We've already gotten our first fundraiser package which is to sell entertainment books. If you need one let me know. We can order you one for pretty much any area of the country. I can't imagine how this will work out when she's in higher grades in future years.

School is pretty good from my perspective as well. I got a few things taken care of yesterday while Grace was in school and it will be nice to have this time every weekday. It's especially nice considering it's basically twice as much time as I had for the previous two years where Grace was in preschool. It was two hours but it took 20 minutes to get there and 20 minutes to get back so it was a lot of wasted time in the car.

Today Grace, Julie and my Aunt went to Michigan to see my Grandpa. They were going to see how he was doing. He's been having problems being dizzy and just with his general health I think. They'll be back on Monday and I'm holding down the fort while they're gone.

Today was the first Wisconsin Badger game of the season...and they won...Yeah! In my opinion their first challenging game will be on September the 27th when they play Michigan. They haven't looked so good yet. Let's hope they continue that trend.

No comments: