Monday, March 31, 2008

Sears Tool Sale

So last week was Spring Break around here and we didn't go anywhere because Julie had just gotten back from California. Since we didn't have any school or anything planned for the week, I loaded up Grace's schedule and I think she had a great week. Monday she played with her friend from across the street as her Dad was on Spring Break too.

Then on Tuesday she had a play date with her friend Kailei from school at our house. It was the first time they've played together and it went really well. They got along just perfectly. Then on Wednesday she played with her friend from around the corner and Thursday with another friend from school that she's been really close to but hasn't played with before outside of school. Her name is Nevina and they've been close for a very long time but for some reason have never been able to play before now. Then on Friday we went with our friends from down the street to see Seussical the Musical.

I don't know if you've seen it but it was really fun. Grace had a great time and was even dancing along in her seat. I think she might actually be interested in seeing Horton Hears a Who! now since that is the basic plot line for the show.

Then over the weekend we didn't do a whole lot. We're trying to clean the house up a bit so our house-sitter doesn't have to live in a filthy house. Today Grace and I had preschool story time at the library. I think she really enjoys going to this. She always looks forward to it. I'm guessing she'll be disappointed when this class is over. I'll have to keep my eyes open for future classes.

As far as the drywall contractors is concerned, the two estimates I've gotten are night and day. One was more than twice as much as the other. I'm waiting for a third contractor to be available so I can get an estimate from him but that will have to wait for us to come back from vacation.

So you are probably thinking that the subject of this post is about tools and wondering when I'm getting to that. Well, I got the greatest deal yesterday - even Julie was impressed with the deal I got. I'm taking this auto restoration class in May and I am going to need certain tools to do the class. One of them is a pneumatic cut-off tool. I got my Craftsman Club flyer in the mail last week and they had this cut-off tool on sale for 50% off. I couldn't believe it. The sale didn't start for a while so I was waiting to buy it until the weekend. Then I get an email from Sears saying that on Sunday night from 6pm to 9pm they were having a 10% Friends and Family sale. So I got it for 60% off and was pretty excited about it. Maybe not so exciting for you, but for me it was great.

No comments: