Saturday, February 2, 2008

Ground Hog Day

We took a break today and sent Grace to her Aunt's house and set out to enjoy a little time together. We had dinner at PF Changs in Schaumburg and then saw the movie "Juno." Dinner was incredible; I've never eaten there before and Julie has only had an appetizer before for lunch. We had the calamari for an appetizer, Julie had Kung Pao Scallops and I had Crunchy Honey Shrimp. All the food was just great. I also tried the Johannesburg Riesling wine from Hogue Cellars. They are our favorite Riesling right now, but we've never tried this particular varietal (sounds official huh?) of Riesling from them. Wow was it good! Highly recommended! Our usual favorite is the Late Harvest Riesling.

So we had a great dinner and then we saw Juno. Not sure if you've seen it, but we loved it. It was funny and fun and heartwarming. There were lots of good lines and it was really good. Here's one: "Well, honey, doctors are sadists who like to play God and watch lesser people scream." The movie is about a 16-year old girl who finally has sex with this boy that she toys with and gets pregnant and then the ensuing issues that follow. There were many good performances in this movie. I have to say Juno herself was very well played - Ellen Page played Juno. Her father (JK Simmons) was a great character too although he didn't have a huge role throughout the entire movie, Juno is the real star of the movie. Her step-mother (Allison Janney) is just hilarious; she played the part really well and I liked her too. Here's another line: "There's no guarantee they'll do a better job raising this child than my dumbass step-daughter will." And OK, just one more: Vanessa: "Your parents are probably wondering where you are." Juno: "Nah... I mean, I'm already pregnant, so what other kind of shenanigans could I get into?"

Then we came home and got a call that Grace wanted to come home so Auntie just brought her home a few minutes ago and now she's sleeping here. This has never happened before; she's always happy spending time over there. We're guessing she was just overtired and couldn't get to sleep.

Tomorrow my Uncle is coming over to do the electrical work, so I can't wait for that. I'll write more tomorrow.

No comments: