Saturday, December 29, 2007

We're still here

I just wanted to put a quick message up letting everyone know that things are going good here. We've been super busy with the holidays and I've had some horrible issues with my computers. My main desktop computer went kaput last Saturday the 22nd. The motherboard doesn’t even post (doesn’t turn on.) Then while trying to transfer my “server” from a desktop case to a tower case it bit the big one too. So now all I’m left with is the laptop we bought this summer. We just purchased a cheap laptop to use for videos in the car if you’ll recall, so it isn’t going to hold up to much abuse, but at least I still have a computer that works and I can still access my email, etc.

We got the best snow yesterday. About three inches of really wet snow that is perfect for making snowmen and stuff like that. But I didn’t play in the snow because I was still diagnosing my two dead computers and trying to get them running. Julie and Grace made a snowman though. I wish we would get some more. I’m still dying to learn how to make an igloo. I got this igloo “brick” mold a few years ago and it supposedly makes it easy to make an igloo. I’ll have to at least try it with this nice snow and see how it holds up even if I can’t make an entire igloo.

That’s about all for now. I’ll write again soon as I should have some time to write coming up in the next week or two as we slowly get back into a “normal” routine. I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas (we did) and also hope you have a very Happy New Year.

No comments: