Monday, December 3, 2007

Eye Doctor

Grace had an appointment today for her one month follow up from her surgery. She was shy/afraid of the doctor again today for some reason. The appointment itself went just great - it actually couldn't have gone any better. Her eyesight in both eyes is 20/20 and both eyes are centered as they should be without being crossed (turned in.)

After that we stopped at Whole Foods in Deerfield on the way home. I love this store. They have the BEST salsa -- called Salsa Fresco -- but they are expensive. I wish it was cheaper but organic food costs more no matter where you buy it. After the grocery store we stopped at Egg Harbor Cafe in Lincolnshire for lunch. They have really good food! And their iced tea is spectacular; the black currant version is my favorite. Grace had the rainbow pancakes which it looked like had M & M's in them. She liked them but didn't eat much.

Then on the way home we stopped at the cemetery in Vernon Hills where my grandmother is buried. Unfortunately Grace never got to meet her. She would have absolutely loved Grace. But it's really because of her death back in 1989 that allowed Julie and I to meet. A few months after she passed on I moved up to the Chicago area to help my grandfather out and was hired at a bank in Libertyville where Julie just happened to work. God does work in mysterious ways. Anyway this was my grandma's favorite time of year; she just loved Christmas. I always think of her a lot during the Christmas season.

Speaking of the Christmas season we had an ice storm on Saturday. It started as an inch or two of snow and then ice to cover it up. It was a mess. Then it warmed up on Sunday into the 40's and rained. Unfortunately it didn't rain enough to get rid of all the snow/ice so I still had to shovel. And now it's cold again and it's supposed to stay cold. I don't mind if it's cold, I just wish it would make up it's mind to be cold or warm; which it looks like its going to be cold for a while now so no need for me to worry.

1 comment:

Twin-Daddy said...

Everything going ok Steve? You haven't posted in a long while..

Jimmy