Monday, October 1, 2007

Rainy Day - Fall Version

Grace slept in today, I'm not sure if she's feeling much better yet. She didn't cough as much today though. Her friend from down the street came over for a couple of hours to play and we didn't do much else. It was raining on and off for most of the day and it was fairly cool out.

I was trying to organize our bills and my desk a little today. I started listening to my Genesis playlist today when I went to the post office. Still excited about going to the concert on Thursday. But we have a dilemma about Grace and driving downtown. They just started a new 2 year construction project on the Edens today and it's only two lanes for most of the way downtown. And we can't drop Grace off at the babysitter before 5:30 and the concert starts at 8 pm. I just don't see us making it down there in 2-2 1/2 hours. So we either need an interim babysitter or a different babysitter I guess. We'll have to decide something pretty quickly as it's only a few days away.


Monday Night Football wasn't so exciting tonight. New England was just too much for Cincinnati. Ocho Cinco needs more action to be fun to watch I guess. I'm watching the National League tiebreaker game between San Diego and Colorado. Right now it's in the bottom of the 12th inning. I think it's amazing that these teams play 162 games in the regular season and these two teams ended up being tied at the end of the season. So now they're playing a tiebreaker game to determine who wins the wildcard and plays the Phillies. And they're tied! It's tied at 6 in the 12th inning. I'm rooting for Colorado because San Diego has been a stronger team throughout the season and I wouldn't want to face them down the line. I remember when we were in Colorado over the summer and I was wearing my Cubs shirt and everyone made jokes about how Colorado was who I should be rooting for. They were wallowing in the cellar at the time. Maybe my logic is flawed and I should root for San Diego since Colorado seems to be playing well heading into the playoffs so San Diego might be the better team to root for.

My Cubs actually made the playoffs this year! Can you believe it? That's really exciting. They had the rally downtown today but I knew it was going to rain and I wasn't really interested in going if I was going to be standing in the rain the whole time. Plus Grace didn't need that since she isn't feeling all that great. (SD vs. CO is in the 13th inning now.) So they are headed (actually already there) to Phoenix to play the Arizona Diamondbacks on Wednesday and Thursday. Then they're here on Saturday and maybe Sunday depending if they need to play a fourth game. And the fifth game would be on Tuesday. Hopefully the Cubs can play a good complete game and come home with at least one win when we play in Wrigley Field on Saturday.

San Diego just scored on a two-run homer. So unless Colorado can answer in the bottom of the 13th, San Diego will be playing Philadelphia on Wednesday. Like I said, maybe that's a good thing.

Speaking of sports, my fantasy football teams are a mixed bag. In the league where I actually have to pay to play and I could actually win some money back I'm 0-4 and I have an incredible team on paper. I've just had some really tough games and haven't come out on top. The season isn't over yet I realize, but it's not very promising. In the league where it's free and I wasn't all that happy with the team I drafted, I'm 3-1 and very happy with it now. And not just because I'm 3-1 :-) - although it helps!

Tomorrow Grace has preschool and I've got to work on this house while she's learning. I've got painting and cleaning and organizing and cleaning and trim work and did I mention cleaning? This place is a disaster and my Mom is flying in over the weekend and we're having everyone over on Saturday and then again in a couple weeks. I need to do work to the outside of the house too before it gets too cold to do anything outside.

WOW - Colorado just tied the game! It's 8-8 in the bottom of the 13th. I'm thinking they could win this. Yes, they just did. But the guy Holliday never actually touched the plate to score the go-ahead run. But the umpire called him safe. And what do you know it was Michael Barrett that was at home plate. He blocked the plate with his shoe and actually Holliday got injured on the play. That was a really good game. I'm glad I was watching. It was certainly more exciting than the football game tonight.

Alright, enough sports talk. I'd better get going.

No comments: