Friday, October 5, 2007

Hot again

Well apparently fall is out the window now and summer is back as it has hit the 80's again today. This will be great for my Mom when she gets here tomorrow as she is used to the warm weather. It is supposed to cool down again around Tuesday so she'll be fairly comfortable until then. And until then I'll be hot.

I haven't been blogging this week because we've been busy getting things done around the house here for this weekend. Unfortunately we haven't done everything we need to, but when does that ever happen, right? My to-do list is still long but I have gotten a few things done. The trim for the entryway is completely installed except for a few final touches. All the new trim is in and the nail holes have been filled and today I caulked the seams so all I have left to do is touch-up the trim so it all looks white - Yea! I worked on the trim strip between the tile and the wood floor and I think the filler I bought for that will work fine so I just need to get going on that.

Grace and I went and got a haircut today. I needed to mow the grass and/or power-wash the siding, but I didn't end up having time for either of those things. I'll try to sneak it in between line-item events tomorrow; we have a very busy weekend! We have our last soccer game in the morning, then picking up my Mom from the airport followed by dinner at my Dad's house for his birthday. Then Sunday we're going to the pumpkin farm and having Grace's birthday party here at our house for the family. I want the house to look nice for them, so we'll see how successful Julie and I are at getting things done around the house in preparation for "the party."

Speaking of birthday parties, Grace is very excited about her birthday this year. Several times throughout the day she'll say "What day is tomorrow?" which today would have been Saturday. Then she'll say "and the next day? It's my birthday! Just two more days!" So I think she's looking forward to it! She keeps talking about the pumpkin farm too. She really enjoys going there as well. It is really fun with the hay ride and the pony rides and picking out a pumpkin it is a fun day.

Gotta go get some sleep...

No comments: