Monday, November 19, 2007

More Rain

Our weekend was pretty good. Saturday was like a regular day as Julie was at a craft fair for her Stampin' Up business and to help her Mom out. Then on Sunday after church we headed over to the Farm Bureau for our family portraits. Since we have our insurance through Country Insurance we're members of the Farm Bureau and as a "perk" for belonging to it we get to have our portrait taken with no fees, a free 10x13 print and really good prices on extra prints. I'll post some of them when they come in on the 13th of December. Hopefully we'll have Grace's school pictures by then too.

The weather was supposed to be nice today so I had planned on doing a few things in the yard just to button everything up outside. But it wasn't so nice as it was drizzling all day long pretty much. So I never started working on that project at all. I never really started any projects today. There's something about a rainy day that makes you want to just sit around and relax. And both Grace and I took advantage of it.

Julie talked her Mom into letting us help out this year with the Thanksgiving meal for the family. We'll be cooking the turkey (on the grill), making the obligatory green bean casserole and either making or buying some rolls. I found a recipe for rolls that looks good but we could just buy them too; that would be even easier than a recipe that's easy to make.

Our neighbor that helped us out over the summer that I referred to as "A" had her tonsils taken out today. Everything went well and she'll be recovering over the next week. I didn't know this but a tonsillectomy is now an outpatient surgery. She went in the O.R. at 8:00 am and was home before 11:30 am; that's just amazing.

This afternoon Grace and I went over to her friends house up in Antioch and picked up the cookie dough we ordered through her preschool. I can't wait to try it. And then another friend brought over a pie we ordered through his school tonight so we're all set for desserts for a while.

I've actually been working on organizing the office. For those of you that have seen our office, you'll know it's desperately needed. I've only gone through a portion of it so far, but have thrown a lot out already. And last night I made my first homemade notepad. I got to thinking that I recycle a lot of paper from things I no longer need or things I try to print that don't print properly, etc. and that I could reuse that paper to make notepads. So I got all the stuff and last night I finally trimmed some of the paper I had been saving to size and put it all together in the clamp I made and glued it up. It turned out really well. If I had used plain and unused paper it would have looked like anything you can get in the store. I'm really excited how they turned out. Julie and I are going to work together and make some Christmas gifts related to this.

No comments: